Being elite means something new these days. As the world deals with the COVID-19 pandemic, the elite are the healthcare workers and first-responders on the front lines. They are the volunteers making sure people have the food and supplies they need. They are the researchers working tirelessly to discover possible treatments and vaccines to contain this virus. Right now, any work would seem to pale in comparison to what it is these people are doing.
But this global pandemic has also shone a new light on our industry, as people look to the life sciences with a sense of hope for what they can accomplish to help get us through this. And that means being a PM360 ELITE (Exceptional Leaders, Innovators, Transformers, and Entrepreneurs) also means something new these days. Because you are the proof that people’s hope is not displaced. You are proof of what this industry’s dedication to patients can accomplish. You are proof that the future of this industry is bright.
While the winners of these 6th annual awards might not be able to offer any hope in terms of the coronavirus—at least not yet—they are offering hope to ALS patients with a new treatment in development that has shown positive results; to those with the inherited BRCA mutation with the potential of pre-cancer vaccines; and to anyone participating in a clinical trial that timelines can be cut in half. Even our Uber ELITE, Syed M. Shah, PhD, Chief Innovation Officer, IM HealthScience LLC, who already has 77 patents, continues to offer hope to patients as he works on even more breakthrough discoveries. So, take the time to read about all of our winners, and see what being elite truly means today.
The ELITE Awards honors people in the following 18 categories:
- Creative Directors: Marketers known for their daring creative and jealousy-inducing campaigns.
- Data Miners: Individuals who specialize in analytics and can turn hordes of numbers and research into actionable insight.
- Digital Crusaders: Those who advance digital channel applications or platforms to transform marketing and/or company operations.
- Disrupters: Fearless individuals who disrupt the status quo to revolutionize the industry.
- Drug Researchers and Developers: The scientists, researchers, and clinical trial experts moving the industry forward with new breakthroughs.
- Entrepreneurs: Visionary risk-takers who develop new companies to answer unmet needs.
- Launch Experts: Marketers with significant success in bringing a new drug to market or in revitalizing markets for an older drug.
- Leaders of the Future: Up-and-comers who display the characteristics of an emerging leader.
- Marketing Teams: Teams that have achieved great marketing success together as a group.
- Master Educators: People who revolutionize the way patients/doctors learn and absorb information.
- Mentors: The role models others aspire to emulate.
- Patient Advocates: Those who make sure patients’ voices are heard and needs are met.
- PR Gurus: Communication experts who are masters at spreading news and good publicity.
- Sales MVPs: Company sales leaders who do an outstanding job of building revenue and nurturing company growth.
- Strategists: People with a sixth sense for what works—and the ability to predict what the industry needs to do to remain relevant.
- Talent Acquisition Leaders: The industry’s top job recruiters and HR executives.
- Tech-know Geeks: Innovators who spearhead technological breakthroughs that reshape the industry.
- Transformational Leaders: People who change the way companies operate.
The 2020 ELITE Winners are: