“Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be,” said writer, poet, and visual artist Khalil Gibran. When we established the ELITE Awards eight years ago it was with the intention of identifying and celebrating those within the healthcare and life sciences industries responsible for progress. The individuals and teams forcing change in an industry where progress can mean the difference in a person’s length and quality of life. Our industry needs risk-takers and transformers, innovators and entrepreneurs, change-agents and progress-makers—it needs the PM360 ELITE.
These awards honor people in every sector of the industry for achievements throughout their careers, but the progress many of them have made in the past few years has been astonishing. That includes advancements in therapies for ALS, metabolic disorders, a rare cholestatic liver disease, and even a cancer treatment that is reprograming a patient’s own blood cells to attack tumors. Others are diving in to address health disparities in cancer, lupus, COVID-19, inflammatory bowel disease, mental health, and many other areas. One winner is working to increase diversity in clinical trials and another helped start a movement for Clinical Research as a Care Option. All of them are advancing our industry to make it capable of treating more diseases, serving more patients, and improving healthcare for everyone involved.
At the top of that list is Uber ELITE winner Mikael Dolsten, MD, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer and President, Worldwide Research, Development, and Medical, Pfizer Inc. He led the team responsible for developing the first FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine and an oral antiviral COVID-19 treatment. Over the last decade, he has also revamped the company’s R&D department, which is leading to many more exciting developments.
Check out the winners below and read about all of the amazing things they have done and are doing.
The ELITE Awards honors people in the following 20 categories:
- Creative Directors: Marketers known for their daring creative and jealousy-inducing campaigns.
- Data Miners: Individuals who specialize in analytics and can turn hordes of numbers and research into actionable insight.
- Digital Crusaders: Those who advance digital channel applications or platforms to transform marketing and/or company operations.
- Disrupters: Fearless individuals who disrupt the status quo to revolutionize the industry.
- Drug Researchers and Developers: The scientists, researchers, and clinical trial experts moving the industry forward with new breakthroughs.
- Entrepreneurs: Visionary risk-takers who develop new companies to answer unmet needs.
- Environmental Champions: Individuals or teams who are leading environmental or sustainability efforts within their organization or even outside of their day jobs.
- Launch Experts: Marketers with significant success in bringing a new drug to market or in revitalizing markets for an older drug.
- Leaders of the Future: Up-and-comers who display the characteristics of an emerging leader.
- Marketing Teams: Teams that have achieved great marketing success together as a group.
- Master Educators: People who revolutionize the way patients/doctors learn and absorb information.
- Mentors: The role models others aspire to emulate.
- Patient Advocates: Those who make sure patients’ voices are heard and needs are met.
- Philanthropic Heroes: Anyone doing charity work or philanthropic endeavors that are helping individuals, communities, or the world at large.
- PR Gurus: Communication experts who are masters at spreading news and good publicity.
- Sales MVPs: Company sales leaders who do an outstanding job of building revenue and nurturing company growth.
- Strategists: People with a sixth sense for what works—and the ability to predict what the industry needs to do to remain relevant.
- Talent Acquisition Leaders: The industry’s top job recruiters and HR executives.
- Tech-know Geeks: Innovators who spearhead technological breakthroughs that reshape the industry.
- Transformational Leaders: People who change the way companies operate.
The 2022 ELITE Winners are: