Mission Bio is the company whose proprietary single-cell technology, the Tapestri® Platform, is empowering researchers and clinicians to predict and prevent cancer relapse. Over the past year, Mission Bio has prioritized the expansion of its proprietary single-cell genomics technology, the Tapestri Platform, to support the biopharmaceutical industry and accelerate toward the clinic.
- The company launched Tapestri Designer, the first-ever on-demand, cloud-based tool for creating targeted single-cell DNA panels. This means that single-cell analysis can be run at a fraction of time and cost, increasing the speed at which new cancer treatments can come to market. With Designer, researchers and clinicians can better understand cancer progression to inform treatment options, develop new, dynamic therapies, and save patient lives.
- The product signifies the first in a larger company movement to incorporate artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms into the Tapestri technology, to intelligently build on learnings and optimize research across the industry.
- Tapestri Designer is the only product with the ability to analyze copy number variations (CNVs) for single-cell DNA analysis—the remaining technical capability necessary for researchers to examine the diversity of changes in DNA.
- Mission Bio makes strategic partnerships to expand its team’s resources. Recently, they partnered with biopharma giant, LabCorp, to accelerate biopharma clinical trials on a global scale as well as Onconova Therapeutics, supporting its biopharmaceutical team in their mission to discover and develop novel products to treat cancer, with a focus on Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS).
- Building on its $30M Series B in December 2018, Mission Bio recently added three industry veterans to its executive leadership team: Darrin Crisitello as Chief Commercial Officer, Nigel Beard as Senior Vice President of Research & Development, and Marcel Roche as Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration. The executive hires bring to the team extensive experience in scaling advanced genomics technologies and markets to over $1 billion in revenue.
- Today, most of the world’s leading cancer centers have adopted Tapestri, including The National Cancer Institute, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Stanford University, and the company is continuing to pioneer research within precision genomics.
- Mission Bio’s Tapestri Platform is uniquely equipped to translate these meaningful discoveries in single-cell genomics to the clinic and make a real difference in patient lives.