Concentric Health Experience is an agency full of innovators on a mission to connect disruptive science to the humanity it’s meant to serve and to help people understand their health and embrace the treatments available to improve it. The Concentric mission lies in the motto: “You make the medicine. We make it matter.”
Concentric has spent the past year growing with new client engagements in the areas of oncology and rare diseases (sickle cell disease) and a 19% increase in staff to nearly 250 difference makers who will take on these new opportunities. 2018 proved to be the most successful year for the 17-year-old company, growing an 18% topline with a revenue range between $50 and $55 million.
The agency is celebrating a year in which they prepared numerous products for commercialization, many in underserved communities, rare diseases, or those representing a disruptive approach to treating chronic illness. These engagements shape Concentric’s continued evolution toward a consultative practice, one that is flexible and smart.
- Concentric focused on behavioral science this year, expanding “digital life data” (DLD)—data that is connected as prescribers and patients use their devices—collection to further analytics capabilities.
- The agency’s DLD has expanded analytics capabilities, shifting to data-derived behavioral insights that ignite content development and brand engagement. Through digital phenotyping, Concentric can identify segments, capture language to shape messages, refine assumptions about the audience, directly target those most receptive, and measure outcomes. The behavior analytics team refined machine learning models that more accurately identified PPD sufferers: 86% vs. 55% with expert psychiatrists.
- Concentric CEO Ken Begasse is Chairman and creator of the continuing career education program called YENO Career Accelerator. More than 225 young executives have participated in the series thus far.
- Concentric is also involved in the Coalition for Healthcare Communication and an active contributor in the 4A’s, HBA, and AdColor (diversity and inclusion).
- Employees participate in an open-mic discussion in the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Committee, sharing feelings and ideas about current events in a moderated, nonjudgmental space.
- Concentric’s ongoing philanthropy platform, The Health Fix, has helped communities all over the world access the care they need. In 2019, The Health Fix is focusing on building awareness for women diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. The agency is working with The Cancer Couch to help raise awareness and increase fundraising efforts for research in support of a long-time friend who was recently diagnosed.
- Each year, employees lean in to a variety of meaningful initiatives, including hosting a Free Arts NYC day and partnering with organizations such as Back on My Feet.