Publicis Health Media
Colan McGeehan, Chief Investment Officer
Media upfronts provide broadcast and media companies a platform to pitch and plan their programming for the coming season to potential advertisers. But Publicis Health Media saw an opportunity to create an upfront forum tailored for the health and pharma marketing community.
During this first-ever, two-day HealthFront, more than 400 guests attended 20 panels hosted by more than 60 speakers, with many more joining via a livestream. PHM collaborated with major industry partners—including Condé Nast, Healthline, Healthgrades, Health Union, iHeartMedia, Meredith Corporation, Verywell, Viacom, Vice, and more—to create content sessions focused on the latest trends and challenges in healthcare, including the millennial HCP, the rise of in-house branded content development, and the use of AI in healthcare. Another highlight was an innovation-focused “shark tank” style competition called the PHM Disruption Garage.
PHM also used the event to launch six new products:
- The PHMkr Series:
- PHMkr Sound: Using the power of sound to inform, inspire, and support users on their health journeys, in partnership with iHeartMedia.
- PHMkr Influence: Changing the face of healthcare by influencing how doctors and patients interact and engage, in partnership with Condé Nast.
- PHMkr Stream: Storylines written for audiences. Seamless integration for brands, in partnership with Viacom.
- PHMkr Z: Creating a health narrative that will resonate culturally with the next generation, in partnership with VICE and WebMD.
- HLTHQ: The first analytics platform powering content strategy, measurement, and optimization for healthcare marketers, in partnership with Nativo.
- Validated by PHM: A proprietary program to ensure publisher partners meet the highest standards as established by PHM.
Following the event, PHM launched HealthFront NEXT, a content series providing concise takeaways from each content session to continue the conversations until HealthFront 2020.