Sage Therapeutics, founded in 2010, is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing novel therapies with the potential to transform the lives of people with debilitating disorders of the brain. Now with more than 700 employees, Sage pursues new pathways with the goal of improving brain health. The company’s depression, neurology, and neuropsychiatry franchise programs aim to change how brain disorders are thought about and treated. Sage’s main mission is to make medicines that matter so people can get better, sooner.
- Sage approaches development of their leading CNS drugs unlike other pharmaceutical companies. The Sage FutureCast portfolio contains novel and differentiated product candidates designed to improve brain health by targeting the GABA and NMDA receptor systems. Dysfunction in these systems is known to be at the core of numerous neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Sage’s approach results in unique drugs that are targeted for multiple indications, such as SAGE-324, a next-generation, potential therapy for neurological conditions, such as essential tremor (ET) and epileptiform disorders.
- Sage’s leading drug treats postpartum depression, but they know treatment goes beyond medicine. This is why they launched Sage Central, a national patient support program providing resources for moms and families affected by postpartum depression.
- Sage was named a Boston Globe top place to work in 2018. The company celebrates Employee Appreciation Day and celebrates its Sagean superheroes, women leaders, and every staff member.
- Sage held an eight-week employee “Committed to Get Fit” program, allowing everyone to participate in small group fitness and personal training classes as well as the JPMCC run.
- Sage provides other wellness goodies to its employees, including care packages and desk drops that include anything from movie tickets to health products.
- Sage and its employees are constantly giving back to the community. For example, in 2018, employees participated in raising money for Cradles to Crayons as well as raising awareness for maternal mental health with the Blue Dot Project.
- Sage knows that commuting can be stressful and has put together a team that meets regularly to brainstorm and test different commuting options for our employees in Cambridge to help make their commutes easier and faster. Along with making commutes easier, we also make them greener. We offer free Bluebikes membership for all employees and a green transportation incentive. For employees who commit to getting to Cambridge in a “green way” (such as MBTA, biking, walking, running, scootering, etc.), Sage provides them a monthly stipend. In addition to the green incentive, Sage will also reimburse MBTA-related expenses such as T passes and parking at the station.