Brand Champion Roundtable and Dinner— And the 2013 Trailblazer Awards Gala!
The fun started on Thursday, September 19th at the Marriott East Side Hotel in Manhattan as PM360 welcomed our 2013 Brand Champions to our annual Roundtable Event, sponsored by Mediscripts. Our topic, How Pharma Can Best Use Big Data to Achieve Its Objectives, created a lot of excitement—our Brand Champs were thoughtful, passionate and thoroughly engaged in an intellectual crossfire.
At the Roundtable’s conclusion, PM360 had a great story (look for it in a future issue) and our Champs had worked up an appetite! We were ready. The Champs, our Mediscripts sponsors and the PM360 team converged on NYC’s atmospheric David Bouley Restaurant and many enjoyed the best meal they’ve ever had—their words. Everyone left eagerly anticipating the next evening’s event, the 2013 PM360 Trailblazer Awards Gala.
Friday evening, Manhattan’s incomparable Gotham Hall buzzed with more than 300 attendees including winners, their guests—and our generous sponsors—dressed to the nines for the black tie event. On the agenda: Cocktails, dinner, dancing—and recognition for our 35 winners’ efforts, creativity and outright brilliance. With speakers including Dr. P. Roy Vagelos, former and beloved Chairman of the Board and CEO of Merck—our 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award Winner—the crowd was enthralled. And excited. And, dare I say it—happy! See for yourself—it’s all on these pages in vivid, living color.
1) Right to left: Moderator Bud Bilanich; Mark Miller, Allergan; Rob Hopfan, Mediscripts and Kathy Gilligan, Editor, PM360.
2) Erez Lapsker, CEO, Mediscripts, sponsor of the Rountable event.
3) Joan Arata, Qology Consultant.
4) Brittany Cassin, ThromboGenics.
5) Laura Polin, Pfizer; Erez Lapsker; Brittany Cassin; Marc Stashower, CFO/Partner, PM360.
6) Kaye Kugler, Santarus.
7) Latesha Richards, Special Projects Editor, PM360.
8) Lothar Krinke, Medtronic.
9) Laura Polin, Pfizer.
1) Enjoying dinner at NYC’s atmospheric David Bouley Restaurant.
2) Mingling and cocktails before the grand finale—dinner.
3) Amy West, Novo Nordisk, and her husband chat with Anna Stashower, CEO/Publisher of PM360.
4) Jeff Guerette, Mediscripts, makes a point before dinner.
5) Mark Miller, Allergan, glows for the camera.
6) Happy campers mingling after dinner.
7) Aurora Archer, 2013 Marketer of the Year, smiles for the camera.
8) A taste of Bouley’s ambience.
Picture Perfect People
1) Fred Hassan (left) and Anna Stashower (right), gather around Dr. P. Roy Vagelos, as he accepts his 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award.
2) Our Brand Champs can’t keep from smiling as they hold their awards.
3) The The CementBloc team celebrates their win for Best Self-promotion.
4) Jon Brulloths, Anna Stashower and Marc Stashower—all from PM360—take a break and smile for the camera.
5) Trailblazer judge Rich Baron, a PM360 Editorial Board Member from Boehringer Ingelheim, smiles for the camera with his wife.
6) Ron Scalici, another PM360 Editorial Board Member, poses with a couple of his colleagues from Group DCA.
7) Laura Polin from Pfizer was the Brand Champ for Infectious Diseases.
Capturing the Moment
1) The crowd cheers on their colleagues, friends, spouses and partners.
2) Matthew Zachary (second from left), Founder of Stupid Cancer and the evening’s Keynote Speaker, with the rest of his Stupid Cancer team.
3) Andrew J. Watson from Wockhardt USA and Jeff Meehan of MD On-line, accept their Best Interactive Campaign trophy from Kathy Gilligan, Editor of PM360 and Erez Lapsker, CEO of Mediscripts.
4) Nick Colucci, President and CEO, PHCG, toasts the winners.
5) Leerom Segal, CEO and Co-founder of Klick Health.
6) Marketer of the Year Aurora Archer shares the spotlight with her AstraZeneca colleague and PM360 Board Member Doug Gabbard.
7) Cocktail Hour!
8) The team from Makovsky, winners of the Best PR Campaign.
9) Yolanda Johnson-Moton from Eli Lilly and Company with her guest.
Mixing it Up
1) The grand architecture of Gotham Hall makes the perfect backdrop to the festivities.
2) R.J. Lewis, President and CEO of eHealthcare Solutions, mugs for the camera.
3) This couple couldn’t contain their smiles in front of the camera.
4) The team from Sudler & Hennessey, winners of Best Direct-to-Patient Initiative for their Perjeta Patient Campaign, gather onstage with Kathy Giligan (center) and Erez Lapsker (far left).
5) Trailblazer Judge and PM360 Editorial Board Member Frank Powers, President of Dudnyk, listens intently as John Pirovitz, Sales Director at Health Monitor Network and former brand manager at Merck, makes a point.
1) Twist and Shout!
2) Amy West, Associate Director Patient Centric Marketing, Novo Nordisk rises to receive her Brand Champion Award for Diabetes/Metabolic disorders.
3) Erez Lapsker (far left) and Anna Stashower (far right) surround a smiling Christopher Connolly who was not only named a Brand Champion for Respiratory but had to go back on stage to accept the award for Best Professional Campaign.
4) Winning Best Specialty Company of the year, Acorda’s President and CEO Ron Cohen, MD, (center) smiles broadly as he draws his winning team around him.
5) Brand Champion Lothar Krinke, (second from right) VP and General Manager Deep Brain Stimulation at Medtronic, won for Medical Device. His wife holds the trophy as colleagues gather for a photo.
6) As two-time winners of Advertising Agency of the Year, the Klick team is up for celebrating.