Philadelphia, PA, Oct. 04, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On November 9th, Beyond Celiac will host the first ever Bold Beyond Research Symposium, bringing together noted researchers, clinicians and community members to explore the current state and future directions of celiac disease research. The Symposium, supported by media partner CBS Radio Philadelphia, will be webcast to a live audience worldwide and is designed to spur dialogue about research/community partnerships and encourage celiac disease community involvement to improve the quality of life for people with this serious, genetic autoimmune disorder.
The Bold Beyond Research Symposium, moderated by Alice Bast, Beyond Celiac CEO, will consist of a live panel presentation and discussion, featuring:
- Ciaran P. Kelly, MD, Director, Celiac Center and Director, Gastroenterology Fellowship Training, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Anthony J. DiMarino, Jr., MD, Chief, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Ritu Verma, MD, Section Chief, Gastroenterology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
The public is invited:
- November 9, 2017, 5:00 – 6:30 pm ET
- Live audience, includes vendor showcase: Papadakis Integrated Sciences Building, Drexel University Chestnut St & S 33rd St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
- Worldwide access via free webcast
- Free; registration for live audience or webcast required: www.beyondceliac.org/boldbeyondsymposium
- Webcast Viewing Parties being planned throughout the United States
"We have been raising awareness and educating the general public about celiac disease for nearly 15 years," notes Bast. "We have rich history of advocating for the celiac disease community in the food and restaurant industry and with government regulators such as the FDA. Now, our organization is focusing on driving research for treatment options and a cure. We believe that this could have a broad impact across all knowledge of immune system dysfunction."
For more information about attending the Bold Beyond Research Symposium either in the live audience or via webcast, visit www.BeyondCeliac.org/BoldBeyondSymposium. To sign up to hold a Webcast Viewing Party: contact Bob Gray, Executive Director of Development: 215-325-1306.
About Beyond Celiac
Beyond Celiac, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization formerly known as the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, unites with patients and partners to drive diagnosis, advance research and accelerate the discovery of new treatments and a cure. For more information, please visit www.beyondceliac.org.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/0446e7c4-cda4-41b5-bd85-796bb067ef59
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/447d2b5e-43ef-4c38-927d-491e2b94015d
CONTACT: Claire Baker Beyond Celiac` 215-325-1306 ext. 111 firstname.lastname@example.org