February 21, 2018
Jan – Dec 2017 (Jan – Dec 2016)
· Net revenues were SEK 20.7 M (74.9 M)
· EBIT was SEK -57.2 M (4.2 M)
· Net profit/loss was SEK -49.2 M (2.2 M)
· Earnings per share were SEK -2.30 (0.11)
· Diluted earnings per share were SEK -2.30 (0.11)
Q4 2017 (Q4 2016)
· Net revenues were SEK 4.6 M (5.4 M)
· EBIT was SEK -16.6 M (-15.0 M)
· Net profit/loss was SEK -14.8 M (-12.5 M)
· Earnings per share were SEK -0.68 (-0.60)
· Diluted earnings per share were SEK -0.68 (-0.60)
Business highlights in Q4 2017
· Saniona establish equity financing of up to SEK 144 million, sufficient to fund planned activities until 2020
· Saniona decides to perform interim analysis of the Phase 2a study for Tesomet in adult patients with Prader-Willi syndrome
· Saniona selects preclinical candidate in GABAA a2/a3 program for neuropathic pain and chronic itching
· Saniona receives third and final milestone payment under the USD 590,700 (about SEK 5.2 M) grant from the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
· Saniona partner and spin-out company Cadent Therapeutics receives milestone from Novartis
· Saniona spin-out, Scandion Oncology, raises DKK 2 million and prepares for a potential public listing
Significant events after the reporting period
· Saniona reports topline results from the Tesomet Phase 2a interim study in Prader-Willi syndrome, indicating clinical meaningful reduction in weight and hyperphagia
· Saniona’s partner, Medix, completes recruitment of Phase 3 obesity study (272 patients) of tesofensine in Mexico
· The extraordinary shareholders’ meeting resolved to elect J. Donald deBethizy and Anna Ljung as new ordinary board members and to elect J. Donald deBethizy as new chairman of the board of directors
· Saniona initiates and completes recruitment of 60 volunteers in Phase 1 study with new Tesomet tablet
· Saniona and Proximagen extend research collaboration
Comments from the CEO
“We achieved encouraging and insightful results in our Phase 2 study in adult patients with Prader-Willi syndrome in 2017 with our lead candidate, Tesomet. The results support further study of Tesomet in Prader-Willi syndrome,” says Jørgen Drejer, CEO of Saniona.
Read the complete Interim Report attached below.
For more information, please contact
Thomas Feldthus, EVP and CFO, Saniona, Mobile: +45 2210 9957, E-mail: email@example.com
This information is such information as Saniona AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out on the front page above, at 08:00 CET on February 21, 2016.
Saniona is a research and development company focused on drugs for diseases of the central nervous system, autoimmune diseases, metabolic diseases and treatment of pain. The company has a significant portfolio of potential drug candidates at preclinical and clinical stage. The research is focused on ion channels, which makes up a unique protein class that enables and controls the passage of charged ions across cell membranes. Saniona has ongoing collaboration agreements with Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Proximagen Ltd., Productos Medix, S.A de S.V and Cadent Therapeutics Inc. Saniona is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, where it has a research center of high international standard. Saniona is listed at Nasdaq Stockholm Small Cap and has about 5,300 shareholders. The company’s share is traded under the ticker SANION. Read more at www.saniona.com.