Paying Tribute to Pharma’s Best
To paraphrase the great American songwriter Cole Porter, “What a swell party it was!”
On September 21, PM360 honored the pharmaceutical industry’s best and brightest for 2012 with its fourth annual PM360 Trailblazer Awards and third annual Gala party. This year’s was the biggest yet, as a sellout crowd from pharma companies and agencies partying the night away at New York’s Guastavino’s at the Bridgemarket.
The festivities actually began the day before as Opus Health sponsored our PM360 “Roundtable,” with the 2012 Trailblazer Brand Manager Champions (and moderator Bud Bilanich) discussing “Putting Patients First.” An insightful conversation (to be featured in our March 2013 issue) was followed with a dinner at David Bouley Restaurant in lower Manhattan.
After a lively cocktail party came the main event and Peter Dannenfelser of Johnson & Johnson (2011 Company of the Year) gave the keynote speech on “Innovation,” before awarding the 2012 Company of the Year Award to Genentech. Among the 35 honorees, one of the most notable was PM360’s ﬁrst “Lifetime Achievement Award,” which went to Fred Hassan, currently the Board Chairman of Bausch & Lomb.
Once this year’s Trailblazer Awards were presented to Nick Colucci, President and CEO of Publicis Healthcare Communications Group for “Marketer of the Year,” and to the 14 Brand Manager Champions and “Initiative” winners in 15 categories, it was time to hit the dance ﬂoor to let the boogying and celebrating begin.
We already can’t wait for next year’s event and hope all of our readers will join us. Of course, if that happens we’ll have to book Madison Square Garden for the party!
Here’s To The Champions!
1) The 14 Brand Champions make an attractive group of pharma innovators.
2) Mingling and networking on Guastavino’s dance floor.
3) Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Fred Hassan, with PM360 CEO and Publisher, Anna Stashower.
4) Marketer of the Year, Nick Colucci, with last year’s winner, Rob Likoff.
Picture Perfect People!
1) Brand Champion Angel Fernandez (BMS) celebrates his award with
company colleague Eulalia Perez.
2) Brand Champion Winner Stephanie Hicks (Otsuka America) accepts
award from Health Monitor Network President (and Trailblazer sponsor)
Kenneth Freirich and his associate Paula Tancredi Penman.
3) PM360 “Common Sense” Columnist Bud Bilanich with Eliza Merves
(l) and Elaine Andrecovich of Makovsky & Co.
4) Fred Hassan’s family shows pride in their Lifetime Achievement Award
1) Keynote Speaker Peter Dannenfelser (r) presents Pharmaceutical
Company of the Year Award to Genentec VP Len Kanavy.
2) Ron Scalici, Chief Innovations Offi cer of group dca (center, with his
company colleagues) was an Awards presenter.
3) PM360 Editorial Board Member Craig DeLarge (Merck) with
Robert Egert (r) of Team Chemistry.
4) Brand Champion David Friedman of Savient.
5) WorldOne Interactive’s Lindsey Marich (l) and Jon Michaeli interact
at the Gala.
6) Rosemary Abendroth (l) and Mansua Ghaffar of Publicis
Healthcare Communications Group.
Capturing the Crystal
1) Brand Champion Lynda Edelson (center) and Kenneth Freirich let
loose at the after party.
2) Philip Villavicencio (with Award) and the group at Ogilvy
Healthworld/McKesson Patient Relationship Solutions celebrate their
DTP Campaign Initiative Award.
3) eHealthcare Solutions’ Robert Carmignani and R.J. Lewis accept
Supplier of the Year Award from Anna Stashower.
4) The team from Otsuka/Rosetta with their Initiative Award for
Interactive Marketing Campaign.
The Awards Just Keep Coming
1) Klick Health clicked this year, winning the Award for
Advertising Agency of the Year.
2) Siemens PR Director Lance Longwell accepts the award
for Medical Device Company of the Year.
3) U.S. Neupro Brand Team in support of Brand Champion
Mike Davis, Global Marketing Director, UCB.
4) Initiative Award Presenter Erez Lapsker with Scott
Weintraub of Sunovion Pharmaceuticals (holding Award)
and colleagues from Abelson Taylor (l), winners for Product
5) Brand Champion Winner Tina Fehr (Upsher-Smith)
glows with her Award.