Sight Sciences is a growth-stage medical device company transforming the two fastest growing segments in ophthalmology and optometry: glaucoma and dry eye disease. Founded in 2011, the company has developed, and is now commercial with intelligently designed and engineered products that target the underlying causes of the world’s most prevalent eye diseases.
The company’s surgical glaucoma product portfolio features the OMNI® Surgical System, a dually indicated device that facilitates the performance of both trabeculotomy and transluminal viscoelastic delivery. The company’s non-surgical Dry Eye product portfolio consists of the TearCare® System which is commercially available for both ophthalmologists and optometrists. TearCare® is a software-controlled, wearable eyelid technology that delivers highly targeted and adjustable heat to the meibomian glands of the eyelids for conditions such as meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) and dry eye.
- Sight Sciences’ surgical glaucoma product, OMNI®, is the only device that combines two implant-free titratable procedures and effectively targets all three points of resistance in the conventional outflow pathway, with or without cataract surgery.
- To target the common and persistent dry eye disease, Sight Sciences patented TearCare®, the only personalized open-eye experience in dry eye. The blink-assisted SmartLids® apply heat to the eyelids and then the HCP uses the Clearance Assistant to remove blockage associated with MGD. The TearCare® System uses both wearable and smart technology to target the underlying cause of dry eye and provide a comfortable, open-eye, blink-assisted procedure for patients suffering from MGD.
- The outreach at Sight Sciences helps HCPs help their patients. TearCare® Education and Mentorship (TEaM) is a peer-to-peer program designed to share education, training, and experiences during HCP adoption of the TearCare® technology as well as advance HCP skill and comfort in using TearCare® to address MGD. TEaM is the company’s commitment to ensuring HCP ambitions for TearCare® will lead to delighted patients through engaged staff encounters and productive patient conversations.
- 2019-2020 saw major growth for Sight Sciences as it transformed and expanded its leadership team. Sam Park joined the team as Chief Operating Officer and Jeremy Hayden as General Council as well as industry veterans Rob Hill, VP of International Sales headquartered in Manchester, UK; Jessica Holmes, VP of Health Policy & Reimbursement; Brian Regan, VP of Strategy & Professional Relations; Jim Sluck, VP of Dry Eye Marketing; Chris Pike, VP of IT; Stacie Rodgers, VP of HR; and Ed Sinclair, VP of Regulatory Affairs.
- Sight Science’s Matt Gibson was recognized as a PM360 Brand Champion for launching TearCare®, TEaM peer-to-peer support program, and virtual learning tools and programs in response to COVID-19. He was instrumental in taking Sight Sciences’ TearCare® from a position of zero brand awareness and little corporate awareness in eye care into a top brand in MGD devices.