Just as Calcium nourishes its clients’ mission with tailored creative, strategy, and digital solutions, its own “culture of nourishment” has helped the agency grow in size and strength of offerings. In 2019, the agency landed a significant assignment with Chiesi, a global rare disease drug developer, while expanding work with powerhouses such as Bristol Myers Squibb and Nabriva Therapeutics. Along with all this growth and activity, Calcium makes sure it’s nourishing its own employee family first during these difficult times.
- Calcium delivers innovative digital assets that drive transformational customer insights, uncover competitive market intelligence, and help shape future market dynamics.
- The agency invested in the Meltwater Social Search Tool, a social media listening platform, to work with clients to promote brands across social channels.
- Calcium’s team of technological experts and digital strategists collaborates with creative and account teams on a daily basis, strengthening mobile app and web development, mobile device QA lab, social media strategy, and more.
- The agency continues to support the Great American Milk Drive, an organization dedicated to providing critical nutritional support for Americans in need by delivering gallons of milk in partnership with Feeding America.
- In an effort to nourish their neighbors during the COVID-19 pandemic, Calcium donated enough boxes of food to feed 80 families to Philabundance and the Share Food Program—a local partnership that set up several free food sites for Philadelphia residents in need. These boxes can provide up to four meals for a family of four, which can make a critical difference for those impacted by COVID-19.
- According to CEO Steven Michaelson, the past year “was about investing in ourselves. We’re doing great things for our clients, which is always job one. But we’re also fundamentally a people-first agency. We go the extra distance to improve the daily lives of our employees, like offering free lunch to all, weekly massage therapy, flexible summer hours, and other various forms of cultural enrichment. It’s all part of the Calcium Nourishment Plan. You need to take care of the people that take care of your business.”
- Calcium made many staffing developments, notably hiring Greg Lewis as Partner and President. Having most recently led Havas Health Plus, Greg brought a wealth of agency leadership experience and fresh organizational insights to Calcium including the hiring of Kate Shaughnessy, EVP, Head of Client Services; Gene Fitzpatrick, EVP, Engagement Strategy; and June Carnegie, EVP, Executive Creative Director.
- Garth McCallum-Keeler was promoted to Managing Partner, Chief Growth Officer in order to keep Calcium on the leading edge of industry trends. And Marina Paul, PhD—a Princeton-educated microbiologist—is now advancing the agency’s “high science” areas of oncology, immunology, and rare disease therapeutics as SVP, Medical Director.