Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease and critical care monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, Edwards collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. This company imagines a world where it can help patients by enabling them to live longer and experience a higher quality of life—all based on therapies that bring value to the healthcare system. This is the opportunity and the foundation of the Edwards strategy.
- Today, Edwards is an intensely focused company. This focus translates to a deeper understanding of the disease, as well as the patient, which results in unmatched expertise and unique capabilities for addressing the challenges they present. Innovating in structural heart disease is demanding, but critically important because the disease burden is heavy and growing.
- Edwards strives to boldly innovate and anticipate the future needs of clinicians and patients with breakthrough therapies like SAPIEN 3 TAVR, the leading transcatheter valve therapy in the world. This therapy provides a minimally invasive option for patients needing aortic valve replacement.
- Edwards focuses on being a leader in innovative therapies in order to learn faster and have the chance to build strong partnerships. These include partnerships with leading clinicians around the world who are also driven to transform patient care.
- Edwards strategically focuses on its talent by providing ongoing training and development. Through the global Edwards University, the company provides employees with the tools to grow professionally and personally, while tuition assistance makes it possible to take advantage of continuing education and degree programs outside of Edwards.
- Edwards also fosters an inclusive culture, believing the company is stronger when it incorporates diverse thoughts, perspectives, cultures, and experiences. This variety is especially important to stimulate innovation and it allows Edwards to extend its reach and understanding of the world marketplace.
- Employees remain active supporters of the communities where they live and work, and Edwards continues to aspire for 100% of employee participation in charitable activities each year.
- Combined with the cumulative grants from the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation totaling nearly $60 million, Edwards has a positive impact globally.
- The company has also mobilized its resources and community to accomplish one common goal: Impact the global burden of heart valve disease by educating, screening, and treating 1.5 million underserved people by 2020.