Tywana Johnson, Senior Director Consumer Marketing & Patient Experience, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
Tywana Johnson leads all consumer and patient marketing efforts for Entyvio, a drug indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis). She is responsible for managing, and driving integration and optimizations for, DTC brand advertising across all patient consumer channels, the brand’s CRM and patient support programs, and IBD disease education.
Tywana is a master in leveraging customer insights and analytics to develop successful marketing strategies and tactics that drive the brand growth. Her landmark achievements include:
- Creating a patient digital ecosystem to deliver personalized communications to better meet the needs of patients.
- Developing a patient experience strategy enabling patients to advocate for themselves and not be solely dependent on their healthcare providers for information and resources.
- In partnership with Pathway, her media AOR, developing a precise, integrated DTC plan that laser focused on aligning each touchpoint with the patient journey, driving patients through the funnel and on to treatment.
- Launched first ever IBD Local Patient Outreach Programs (LPOPs) to enable patients to learn more about their disease and treatment from local physician thought leaders.
- Leveraged insights from both patients and physicians, to launch a patient disease education platform translating the clinical topics that the physician community was discussing to a level that patients could understand.
- Launched a brand-first nurse support program that matches patients with a Nurse Care partner that provides them with one-on-one support and individualized care plans based on their unique needs.
Her efforts improved marketing ROI by 50%, grew the patient database by over 280%, and achieved patient engagement metrics with the brand that have all met or surpassed goals.