Skipta is the leading social network of more than 30 specialty communities that allow verified healthcare professionals (HCPs) to communicate and collaborate with peers in a focused, secure environment. In the past few years, the company has seen an extraordinary transformation from a startup environment to achieving significant growth, reaching profitability and the sale of the company to a global billion-dollar organization.
This once small company boasts over a 90% increase in revenue between 2016 and 2017 and a 200%-member engagement increase over the same time period. Within Skipta, there is a spirit of collaboration and leveraging the collective genius to accomplish goals and a strong passion to do what everyone at the company does well.
- Developing first-of-its-kind technology, Skipta launched the “micro-community,” enabling Primary Care Physicians, Family Practice Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Pediatricians, and Psychiatrists to collaborate seamlessly. Cross-discipline members are now able to reach beyond their specialty and work with colleagues across the entire continuum of care in real time.
- Skipta recently partnered with media outlet Fresh Toast to bring to members reliable and credible information about medicinal cannabis. Skipta found that 79% of HCPs were asked about cannabinoid medicine by their patients, but only 17% had been trained on the endocannabinoid system and feel able to advise patients on its potential treatment uses. The company now helps HCPs stay informed of new innovations in the space, staying ahead of the changing times.
- The company instituted “Pat on the Back” awards, encouraging employees to recognize each other for helping outside of their primary duties. This not only rewards the recipient financially, but encourages camaraderie, teamwork, and reinforces positive behavior among the rest of the team.
- Skipta increased its overall headcount by over 20% between end of year 2017 and the beginning of 2018 and is still hiring. One out of three participants in the company’s first summer intern program accepted a full-time position.
- Skipta regularly participates in community philanthropy, providing warm coats to families in need over the winter, supporting the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and awareness initiatives such as Breast Cancer Awareness Month and National Wear Red Day.
- Recently, the company has instituted a policy allowing employees two paid days off per year for volunteer activities.