PAOLI, Pa., Oct. 05, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Malvern Federal Charitable Foundation is pleased to announce the award of ten grants to charitable, nonprofit organizations totaling $75,000 in its local markets. The organizations receiving grants were:
- Chester County Fund for Women & Girls ensures, through philanthropy and advocacy that women and girls have resources and opportunities to thrive by focusing on core needs, economic development, health & wellness and challenging gender inequality.
- Curing Kids Cancer, founded in 2005 by Grainne Owen, has raised more than $10 million to fund pediatric cancer research. Curing Kids Cancer is one of a very few foundations that fund pediatric cancer research exclusively.
- FLITE, Foundation for Learning in Tredyffrin/Easttown, funds programs that provide academic tools and support for Tredyffrin/Easttown students, especially those who face barriers to their educational success, have the academic tools, opportunities and support they need to succeed in school.
- Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge promotes the principles of our free society and encourages all Americans to embrace their rights and responsibilities and contribute to society’s common good.
- Home of the Sparrow in Exton, provides housing and supportive services to homeless and low-income women and their children.
- Maternal & Child Health Consortium, founded in 1991, focuses on improving maternal and child health through the collaborative efforts of individuals, providers and policy makers. Timothy School in Berwyn is the state’s oldest non-profit school devoted exclusively to the educational needs of autistic children. The school works to develop an understanding of autism that recognizes the strengths and uniqueness of autistic children and the specialized methods needed to expand their educational opportunities.
- The Valley Forge Park Alliance provides an enhanced visitor experience and promotes public appreciation of the Valley Forge National Historic Park’s historic, environmental and recreational resources.
- Vantage Health System organized in 1957 provides opportunities for wellness through integrated mental and physical healthcare, support services and affordable housing.
- Woodlynde School in Strafford PA, serves students with diverse learning styles and empowers them to become strategic learners and self-advocates in an environment that provides both challenge and support.
“Collectively, these organizations provide vital services each year to hundreds of people in Southeastern Pennsylvania,” said Anthony C. Weagley, President and CEO of Malvern Federal Savings Bank. “Our grants are intended to assist these Organizations in fulfilling their missions of helping our neighbors. Since its founding in 2008, the Foundation has awarded grants totaling more than $500,000 to organizations that improve the quality of life in the region.”
About Malvern Federal Charitable Foundation
Malvern Federal Charitable Foundation’s purpose is to promote charitable and educational activities within the markets which Malvern Federal Savings Bank has offices, supporting community organizations and other charitable causes that contribute to the quality of life in the Local Community.
About Malvern Federal Savings Bank
Malvern Federal Savings Bank is a federally-chartered, FDIC-insured savings bank that was originally organized in 1887 and now serves as one of the oldest banks headquartered on the Philadelphia Main Line. For more than a century, Malvern has been committed to helping people build prosperous communities as a trusted financial partner, forging lasting relationships through teamwork, respect and integrity.
The Bank conducts business from its headquarters in Paoli, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia and through its nine other banking locations in Chester, Delaware and Bucks counties, Pennsylvania and Morristown, N.J., its New Jersey regional headquarters. The company also recently announced a new representative office in Palm Beach, Florida and Montchanin, Delaware. Its primary market niche is providing personalized service to its client base.
The Bank, through its Private Clients Group provides personalized wealth management and advisory services to high net worth individuals and families. The Bank offers insurance services though Malvern Insurance Associates, LLC, which provides clients a rich array of financial services, including commercial and personal insurance and commercial and personal lending.