Technology has made its way into our hearts, and now it’s making its way into our homes more than ever. New gadgets are flooding the market to bring tech into every room of the house. From security, to automatic shopping, it’s easier than ever before to keep your house on the go. Here’s a list of all the gadgets you need to have the most tech savvy house on the block.
- Amazon has always offered overnight shipping on groceries, but now they’ve partnered with all major household product companies so you can restock with the push of a button. New Amazon Dash buttons are tiny buttons you can stick anywhere, near the washing machine or in the pantry let’s say, so you can just click and have your product reordered. Tide, Kraft, Ziploc, Gillette, Gerber and plenty of other companies offer automatic refill through Amazon with just a push of a Dash button. Plus, if you purchase a Dash button for $5, Amazon will give you $5 off your first purchase with the button.
- A number of no-installation home security units are popping up, Canary being perhaps the most common. This tiny unit can be placed anywhere in your home and it will deliver pretty much any info you need to know about your home right to a mobile app. HD live video with audio and night vision will allow you to see what’s going on in your house at all times. Motion sensors and sirens help you keep your home safe from unwanted intruders, while temperature and air quality monitors help you keep your home healthy.
- Ring is an advanced form of video doorbell that allows you to interact with visitors from your smartphone. The outdoor unit has a motion sensor that will alert you to visitors, as well as when someone rings the doorbell. With the ring app, you can see visitors at your door and speak with them.
- We’ve all asked Siri or Cortana to help us out on our phones. Now Amazon introduces Alexa to your home via Echo. A sleek cylinder that you can place anywhere plays 360° audio and listens to your requests, even when playing music for you. Tell Alexa to play your playlist, read you a recipe, or search the Web and read you some news. She can do it all—without the need to even push a button. Alexa can even control some light switches and other smart home appliances at your command. It’s like having an AI computer, right on your counter.
- We already use technology to monitor our vital signs. Now wearable products will monitor your sleep habits, helping you keep a healthy sleep schedule and promote energy, cognitive ability and overall well-being. The Jawbone UP24 bracelet monitors your periods of rest and even works with the digital Nest thermostat to make sure your bedroom is kept at optimal temperatures so you get the best rest possible. The Sense sleep device will track your sleep patterns when placed next to your pillow and wake you up at the best time in your sleep cycle.