Event to explore driving forces impacting the future of healthcare’s self-funding industry
MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 29, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Health Care Administrators Association (HCAA), a leader in education, networking and advocacy for the self-funding industry, today announced the speaker lineup for its 2019 Executive Forum to be held February 4-6, 2019 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. The one-and-a-half-day event will feature educational sessions focused on the driving forces impacting the future of healthcare’s self-funding environment.
“From changing healthcare legislation and millennials making their impact to the internet of things and blockchain, 2018 has been a year during which many influential outside forces have continued to impact and transform our industry,” said HCAA President Joanie Verinder. “To tackle these issues head-on, our Executive Forum will assemble the most respected and engaging speakers who are set to challenge our perception of what’s possible and to examine the factors that make our self-funding industry’s outlook bright.”
The conference opening keynote will be led by Zubin Damania, MD (ZDoggMD), during which he’ll bring a mix of song, humor and creative storytelling to propose collaborative ways to revitalize the healthcare system and deliver compassionate care. He will explore how attendees can work individually and collectively to ensure that the future of medicine is a bright one.
In addition to a number of networking sessions and receptions, Ernie Clevenger, president of CareHere, LLC and publisher of MyHealthGuide will emcee the event introducing an educational lineup of industry expert speakers covering the following general session topics:
- Next Frontiers in Healthcare Reform/Direct Primary Care: A market-based solution to lower healthcare costs – Sal Nuzzo, The James Madison Institute and Dr. Lee Gross, Epiphany Health Direct Primary Care
- Connecting the Links of Blockchain in Healthcare – Molly Moore, Decent
- Healthcare is Stealing the American Dream. How TPAs Can Help Take It Back – Dave Chase, Health Rosetta
- I'm a Good Person, (Except When I’m Not): How Our Brains Rationalize – Bret Hood, 21st Century Learning & Consulting, LLC
- Standing Firm: Workplace Solutions for Marijuana and Opiate Use and Abuse – Thomas M. Eden, III, Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP
- Constructive Disruption: Data and Technology as Driving Forces for Healthcare Delivery Change…How Does the TPA Industry Cope with Impending Massive Change – Paul Gallese, Inner Circle Health Advisors
- Reference/Metric Based Pricing: 10+ Years of Lessons Learned – Ted Lavender, Fisher Broyles, LLC
The conference will conclude with an Emerging Leaders post-session entitled “Fire Up Your Speaking.” Led by Donna Hartley of Hartley International, this session will offer attendees tips for mastering their presentation techniques as well as establishing credibility by developing a personal brand. Established in 2017, the Emerging Leaders Program was created to educate, mentor and provide early guidance to the next generation of TPA and self-funding leaders as they advance in their careers.
All HCAA members, as well as non-member TPAs, are invited to attend the 2019 Executive Forum. Early-bird registration and conference room rate discounts are available through November 16, 2018. For more information on registration, or to view the full schedule of session descriptions and speaker bios, visit the HCAA website.
The Health Care Administrators Association is the nation’s most prominent nonprofit trade association supporting the education, networking, resource and advocacy needs of health benefit administrators (TPAs), stop loss insurance carriers, managing general underwriters, audit firms, medical managers, technology organizations, pharmacy benefit managers, brokers/agents, human resource managers, plan sponsors and health care consultants. For almost 40 years, HCAA has taken a leadership role in transforming the self-funding industry, and increasing the importance of self-funding as an important alternative in the health care delivery systems of our country. For more information, visit www.hcaa.org, or connect with us at @HCAAinfo, HCAA LinkedIn or HCAA YouTube.
Anderson Interactive on behalf of HCAA