Dublin, Sept. 06, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Drug Discovery Informatics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Workflow (Discovery, Development), By Mode (In-house, Outsourced), By Services, By Region, Vendor Landscape, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global drug discovery informatics market size is expected to reach USD 2.07 billion by 2025, progressing at a CAGR of 12.6% during the forecast period.
Drug therapy is evolving in response to health care needs of the population. The most recent trend is to develop drugs for treatment of chronic diseases, especially those affecting the older population.
Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs), stroke, and cancer are the most prevalent health issues and also the most common conditions causing death. Moreover, treatment expenses and costs pertaining to these diseases are very high, which triggers the demand for effective novel molecules. In the U.S. alone, revenue generated through CVD treatments was over USD 444 billion in 2010, and it has been estimated to claim more lives each year than the remaining causes of death combined.
Clinical decision support tools, which include online database for assistance in enhancement of clinical decisions, are timely updated and that significantly impacts market growth. Moreover, the World Health Organization’s Consultative Expert Working Group for Research and Development is also involved in evaluation and development of open source drug discovery platforms. Introduction of open drug discovery tool kit (ODDT), which serves as a tool for computer-aided drug discovery by implementing machine learning scoring functions (RF-Score and NN-Score), is anticipated to work in favor of the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Lead generation and lead optimization are anticipated to witness hand-in-hand growth owing to usage of similar IT solutions
- Presence of different co-operation models, such as joint ventures, strategic partnership, price competition, and project selection, for outsourcing drug informatics solutions in the industry is influencing the growth of the market positively
- North America is projected to hold prominent position in the arena throughout the forecast period. Higher incidence rates of different infectious diseases and oncology diseases are expected to drive the demand for informatics solutions to aid drug discovery and development. Presence of molecular R&D laboratories and market players in the U.S. is supplementing the growth of the regional market
- Asia Pacific is likely to post the highest CAGR during the same period, owing to cost saving advantage offered by the region
- Some of the key players operating in the market Boehringer Ingelheim GmBh; ChemAxon; Jubilant Biosys; Certara; Selvita; Novo Informatics; Albany Molecular Research Inc.; Infosys; DiscoverX; Collaborative Drug Discovery Inc; GVK Biosciences; and Charles River Laboratories.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Information procurement
1.2 List of Data Sources
1.3 Information or Data Analysis
1.4 Market Formulation & Validation
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Drug Discovery Informatics Industry Outlook
3.1 Market segmentation
3.2 Market size and growth prospects, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
3.3 Drug discovery informatics market dynamics
3.3.1 Market driver analysis
22.214.171.124 Increasing adoption of in-silico modeling tools
126.96.36.199 Advancements in high-performance computing and web services
188.8.131.52 Growing volume of drug discovery data
184.108.40.206 Growth in demand for novel drug moieties
3.3.2 Market restraint analysis
220.127.116.11 Downward pricing pressure and outsourcing for services
18.104.22.168 Intellectual property protection and public policy issues
22.214.171.124 Presence of open-source software packages for drug discovery
3.4 Key Opportunities Prioritized
3.4.1 Key opportunities prioritized based on workflow steps, 2016
3.4.2 Key opportunities prioritized based services, 2016
3.4.3 Informatic service application in workflow segments, 2016
3.5 Industry analysis – Porter’s
3.6 Drug discovery informatics PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 4 Drug Discovery Informatics Workflow Outlook
4.1 Global drug discovery informatics revenue share, by workflow, 2016 & 2025
4.2 Discovery informatics
4.2.1 Discovery informatics market, 2014 – 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.2 Identification, validation, & assay development informatics
4.2.3 Lead generation informatics
4.3 Development informatics
4.3.2 Lead optimization
4.3.3 FHD preparation
4.3.4 Phase IA informatics
4.3.5 Phase IB/2 informatics
Chapter 5 Drug Discovery Informatics Mode Outlook
5.1 Global drug discovery informatics revenue share, by mode, 2016 & 2025
5.2 Outsourced Informatics
5.3 In-house informatics
Chapter 6 Drug Discovery Informatics Service Outlook
6.1 Global drug discovery informatics revenue share, by service, 2016 & 2025
6.2 Sequence analysis platforms
6.3 Molecular Modelling
6.5 Clinical trial data management
6.6 Other services
Chapter 7 Drug Discovery Informatics Regional Outlook
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Certara, L.P.
- NOVO INFORMATICS PVT. LTD
- Collaborative Drug Discovery Inc.
- Jubilant Life Sciences Limited
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- ChemBridge Corporation
- Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI)
- GVK Biosciences Private Limited
- Infosys Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/msfhdl/global_drug?w=12
CONTACT: CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 Related Topics: Drug Discovery