A comprehensive suite of innovative immuno-oncology applications to improve the future of cancer care
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Nov. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fluidigm Corporation (NASDAQ:FLDM), a leader in mass cytometry and microfluidics technology, is showcasing its latest innovations for immuno-oncology research during the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC 2018), being held November 7–11 at Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
"Immunotherapies have revolutionized cancer treatment in recent years. Despite these successes, not all patients respond, and some can experience toxicities," said Chris Linthwaite, President and CEO of Fluidigm. "Together with the cancer research community, we seek to improve our understanding of the tumor immune response, identify better biomarkers and accelerate the development of more effective immunotherapies. We are inspired by the impressive results that our customers will be presenting at SITC 2018 and look forward to sharing our expanding portfolio of innovative immuno-oncology research applications to fuel this pioneering work.”
Fluidigm Immuno-Oncology Applications
Fluidigm will showcase a comprehensive suite of immuno-oncology research solutions to deeply profile the tumor microenvironment and characterize the dynamic immune response (Booth 213).
- The Hyperion™ Imaging System sets a new standard in highly multiplexed tumor imaging using Imaging Mass Cytometry™ (IMC™). Enabling simultaneous imaging of up to 37 protein markers from a single scan of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) or fresh tumor sections, IMC overcomes the inherent limitations of fluorescence detection while preserving tissue architecture and cellular morphology information. With an established global footprint and 18 scientific publications, IMC is rapidly setting a new standard for comprehensive analysis of the tumor microenvironment.
- Designed for use with Helios™, a CyTOF® system, the Maxpar® Human Immune Monitoring Panel Kit enables comprehensive immune cell profiling in cancer and immune-mediated diseases. Representing a significant step forward in high-parameter immune profiling, the kit contains 29 metal-labeled antibodies and reagents designed for deep immune profiling of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells, all in a single sample tube. The panel is available with multiple data analysis options from third parties, including Cytobank and GemStone™ software. The latter significantly reduces time to result to as little as five minutes.
- The Advanta™ IO Gene Expression Assay workflow uses microfluidics technology to measure 170 gene expression markers involved in checkpoint therapeutic response. Ideal for translational and clinical cancer research laboratories, the Advanta IO Gene Expression Assay was developed in collaboration with leading researchers from academia and biopharma to provide the right balance of biomarker breadth, assay flexibility and workflow efficiency. Available as a full workflow solution, Fluidigm offers an optimized Advanta FFPE RNA Extraction Kit, a synthetic positive control template and the GO Immuno-Oncology Workbench for flexible and intuitive analysis of immuno-oncology datasets.
Starting November 8 at SITC 2018, several leading translational and clinical researchers will present new research insights into the tumor microenvironment, introduce novel approaches to biomarker identification and share innovative strategies to improve therapeutic effectiveness in the future using Fluidigm technologies. Notable presentations include:
- Sacha Gnjatic, PhD, of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, will present on his work to develop a high-dimensional assay and analysis platform to discover immune correlates of cancer immunotherapy using mass cytometry on November 8.
- Kurt A. Schalper, MD, PhD, of Yale School of Medicine, will present his work defining the composition of the tumor immune microenvironment using quantitative and spatially resolved Imaging Mass Cytometry on November 9.
Multiple poster presenters from leading academic medical centers and pharma will also share their recent accomplishments using Fluidigm technologies.
- Davis Torrejon, MD, an abstract award recipient from the University of California Los Angeles, will present new insights in overcoming genetically based resistance mechanisms to PD-1 blockade using mass cytometry (P557).
- Sanghee Yoo, PhD, of ImmunoMet Therapeutics Inc., will share a novel approach for modulating immune cell metabolism in the tumor microenvironment to enhance immunotherapy efficacy using mass cytometry (P502).
Fluidigm will host a dinner with key opinion leaders using Fluidigm mass cytometry, Imaging Mass Cytometry and microfluidics technologies to advance their immuno-oncology research on Thursday, November 8.
More information on the Fluidigm products and research presentations and posters using Fluidigm technologies at SITC 2018 can be found at Booth 213 or at fluidigm.com/events/sitc-2018.
About Fluidigm Corporation
Fluidigm (NASDAQ:FLDM) develops, manufactures, and markets life science analytical and preparatory systems for markets such as mass cytometry, high-throughput genomics, and single‑cell genomics. We sell to leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and agricultural biotechnology companies worldwide. Our systems are based on proprietary microfluidics and multiparameter mass cytometry technology and are designed to significantly simplify experimental workflow, increase throughput, and reduce costs while providing excellent data quality. Fluidigm products are provided for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
We use our website (www.fluidigm.com), corporate Twitter account (@fluidigm), Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/fluidigm), and LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/fluidigm-corporation) as channels of distribution of information about our products, our planned financial and other announcements, our attendance at upcoming investor and industry conferences, and other matters. Such information may be deemed material information, and we may use these channels to comply with our disclosure obligations under Regulation FD. Therefore, investors should monitor our website and our social media accounts in addition to following our press releases, SEC filings, public conference calls, and webcasts.
Fluidigm, the Fluidigm logo, Advanta, Hyperion, Imaging Mass Cytometry, IMC, and Maxpar are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Fluidigm Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, among others, statements regarding the potential impact of Fluidigm products on translational research. Forward-looking statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from currently anticipated results, including but not limited to risks relating to challenges inherent in developing, manufacturing, launching, marketing, and selling new products; the uncertain regulatory environment; potential product performance and quality issues; intellectual property risks; competition; and interruptions or delays in the supply of components or materials for, or manufacturing of, Fluidigm products. Information on these and additional risks and uncertainties and other information affecting Fluidigm business and operating results are contained in Fluidigm’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017, and in its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Fluidigm’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2018. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Fluidigm disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements except as may be required by law.
Senior Director, Marketing
650 737 4190
Vice President, Investor Relations
650 416 7423