SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Nov. 30, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:FPRX), a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics, today announced it will hold its Research & Development Day event for the institutional investment community in New York City on Dec. 8, 2016. The formal program and webcast will begin at 8:00 a.m. ET and will conclude at approximately 11:00 a.m. ET.
Five Prime will give in-depth presentations covering:
- An introduction of therapeutic candidates in IND-enabling activities, including:
- a tetravalent GITR agonist antibody
- a T cell modulator
- and an additional multi-functional immune modulator
- An in-depth overview of the company’s unique preclinical immuno-oncology discovery platform and screening progress
- A status update on clinical development programs
Planned presenters include senior executives from Five Prime's scientific, clinical and management team as well as featured guest speakers:
- Drew M. Pardoll, M.D., Ph.D., Abeloff Professor of Oncology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Director, Bloomberg~Kimmel Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy, Director, Cancer Immunology Program at the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University
- Daniel Catenacci, M.D., Assistant Professor, University of Chicago, Associate Director, Gastrointestinal Oncology Program
- Robert Albert Anders, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Nils Lonberg, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Biologics Discovery, Bristol-Myers Squibb
The live webcast will be accessible at http://investor.fiveprime.com/events.cfm or directly at http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/j23gtgih. Five Prime will maintain an archived replay of the webcast on its website for 30 days after the conference. For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Five Prime
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. discovers and develops innovative therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Five Prime's comprehensive discovery platform, which encompasses virtually every medically relevant extracellular protein, positions it to explore pathways in cancer, inflammation and their intersection in immuno-oncology, an area with significant therapeutic potential and a growing focus of the company's R&D activities. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and late preclinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
Cautionary Note on Forward-looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "may," "will," "expect," "plan," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend" and similar expressions (as well as other words or expressions referencing future events, conditions or circumstances) are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on Five Prime's expectations and assumptions as of the date of this press release. Each of these forward-looking statements involves risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release include statements regarding Five Prime's potential receipt of upfront and milestone payments and royalties. Factors that may cause actual results to differ from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements in this press release are discussed in Five Prime's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including the "Risk Factors" contained therein. Except as required by law, Five Prime assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in expectations, even as new information becomes available.
CONTACT: CONTACTS: Heather Rowe Investor Relations 415-365-5737 email@example.com Amy Kendall Corporate Communications 415-365-5776 firstname.lastname@example.org