VALLEY COTTAGE, NY , Feb. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — According to Future Market Insights, the global market for dry powder inhaler is slated to exhibit a CAGR of nearly 4% during the forecast period (2017-2026), in terms of volume. Over 4000,000 Mn units of dry powder inhaler are pegged to be sold across the globe by 2026-end.
Challenges Regarding Varying Characteristics of Dry Powder Inhalers to Pave Opportunities for Medical Device Manufacturers
Regulatory pressures and changes in drug delivery market have driven innovation of the dry powder inhaler forward. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 300 Mn people worldwide are affected by asthma, and approximately 240 Mn from the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Over half of these patients combined prefer use of dry powder inhalers for treatment of their disease. These devices have depicted great potential in effective and reliable drug delivery, with novel designs ensuring the possibility to overcome future compliance, cost, and safety challenges. Some of the essential performance characteristics regarding dry powder inhalers are associated with dose-delivery, performances at varying airflows, and fine particle fraction content. These characteristics may vary with respect to powder formulations, creating the need for fine tuning of the device or powder formulation or both combined for achieving optimal performance. The requirement is particularly high in micro-dosing dry powder inhalers, which in turn is paving opportunities for medical device manufacturers in terms of innovations and advancements.
Request a Sample Report with Table of Contents and Figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-5150
Growing adoption of unhealthy lifestyle, increasing geriatric population, and growing air pollution levels fuelling prevalence of various respiratory disorders are key factors driving expansion of the global dry powder inhaler market. In addition, favorable government initiatives being taken across the globe for improving the healthcare infrastructure will further influence the market growth in the near future. However, the fact that dry powder inhalers are not moisture-resistant remains a major challenge for manufacturers, as the medicine loses its properties when it comes in contact with the moisture. Availability of effective alternatives such as nebulizers and electric pumps are expected to restrain adoption of dry powder inhalers. Lack of awareness regarding these devices in low-income & underdeveloped countries may further hinder the market growth to a certain extent.
Preview Analysis on Global Dry Powder Inhaler Market Segmentation By Product Type – Single Dose Dry Powder Inhaler,Multi Dose Dry Powder Inhaler; By Distribution Channel Type – Hospitals Pharmacies,Retail Pharmacies,Drug Stores,Online Pharmacies; By Application Type – Asthma,Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease,Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension,Others: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/dry-powder-inhaler-market
Key Research Findings from FMI’s Report on Dry Powder Inhaler Market
- North America will continue to be the most lucrative region for growth of the dry powder inhaler market. Dry powder inhaler sales in the region will register the fastest expansion through 2026. Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to be the second largest market for dry powder inhaler.
- Hospital pharmacies will continue to be the leading distribution channel for dry powder inhalers, with sales pegged to surpass 150,000 Mn units by 2026-end.
- Dry powder inhalers will continue to observe the largest application in the treatment of asthma, followed by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. In addition, sales of dry powder inhalers for application in the treatment of asthma and pulmonary arterial hypertension are slated to exhibit a parallel growth through 2026.
Our advisory services are aimed at helping you with specific, customised insights that are relevant to your specific challenges. Let us know about your challenges and our trusted advisors will connect with you: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/askus/rep-gb-5150
Leading companies in the global dry powder inhaler market are focusing on the development of new generation products. These market players are making huge investments in R&D activities associated with novel device architectures, particle engineering, and powder formulations. Development of improved particle properties, along with efficient inhaler designs is expected to remain key strategies among the market players. Key market participants profiled in the report include Vectura Group Plc, MannKind Corporation, Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Cipla Ltd., Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, 3M Company, and Astrazeneca Plc.
More from FMI’s Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Medical devices Market Intelligence:
- Aortic Stents Grafts Market Aortic Stents Grafts Market Segmentation by Product – Abdominal Aortic Stent Graft, Thoracic Aortic Stent Graft; End User – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/aortic-stents-grafts-market
- Automated CPR Devices Market Automated CPR Devices Market Segmentation By End User – Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Speciality Clinics, Emergency Medical Services: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/automated-cpr-devices-market-112017
- Blood Warmer Devices Market Blood Warmer Devices Market Segmentation Product Type – Intravenous Warming System, Surface Warming System, Blood Warming Accessories; End User – Hospitals, Blood Banks, Home Care Settings, Other End Users; Application – Preoperative Care, Home Care, Acute Care, New Born Care, Other Applications: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/blood-warmer-devices-market
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading market intelligence and consulting firm. We deliver syndicated research reports, custom research reports and consulting services which are personalized in nature. FMI delivers a complete packaged solution, which combines current market intelligence, statistical anecdotes, technology inputs, valuable growth insights and an aerial view of the competitive framework and future market trends.
Browse More Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Medical devices
CONTACT: Mr. Sudip Saha Future Market Insights 616 Corporate Way, Suite 2-9018, Valley Cottage, NY 10989, United States T: +1-347-918-3531 F: +1-845-579-5705 T (UK): + 44 (0) 20 7692 8790 Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org Press Office: Press@futuremrketinsights.com FMI Blog: http://www.fmiblog.com/ Website: www.futuremarketinsights.com