Washington, D.C, April 26, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nearly 100 education experts from the American Institutes for Research (AIR) will present current research findings during the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), being held April 27-May 1, 2017, in San Antonio, TX.
The annual AERA meeting is the world’s largest gathering of education researchers from across the U.S. and around the world. This year’s meeting theme, “Knowledge to Action: Achieving the Promise of Equal Educational Opportunity,” is framed around historical and contemporary discussions about unequal educational opportunity.
AIR presentations will cover a broad range of topics, including:
- “Longitudinal Administrative Data Systems—Developing Guidelines for Producers and Users”
- “Can the “Blunt Instruments” of Education Policy Affect Classroom Practice for English Learners?”
- “Early Effects of States’ Adoption of College- and Career-Ready Standards on Student Achievement”
- “Perspectives on the Role of Parent Involvement in Black Education”
- “Connecting Deeper Learning to High School Graduation”
- “First-Year Impacts of the Early Warning Intervention and Monitoring System”
- “Preparing Future Principals: Results of an Impact Analysis of Four Innovative Preparation Programs”
- “Bringing Evidence-Based Academic and Mental Health Practices to Schools”
- “First-Generation Students: Factors That Shape Their Pathway to Degree”
- “What PIAAC Says About Adult Skills, Employment, Education, and the Workforce”
- “Discussion and Demonstration of New Digitally Based Assessments for the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)”
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Washington, D.C., the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance both domestically and internationally in the areas of health, education, and workforce productivity. For more information, visit www.air.org.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/5a5ac72b-11f4-4c05-a440-98721c1f709c
CONTACT: Makini Nyanteh American Institutes for Research 202-403-5000 firstname.lastname@example.org