MALVERN, Pa., Sept. 20, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACRS), a dermatologist-led, biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing innovative and differentiated therapies to address significant unmet needs in medical and aesthetic dermatology, today announced that Aclaris will host an R&D and Investor Event on Wednesday, October 4, 2017, in New York from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
A live and archived webcast of the event can be accessed on the Events and Presentations page on the Investors section of the Aclaris website at http://www.aclaristx.com/events-and-webcasts. A replay of the webcast will be archived on the Aclaris website following the event. If you are a member of the investment community and would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. The agenda will include:
- Brett Fair – Senior Vice President, Commercial Operations
- Sheila Kennedy – Vice President, Marketing
- John Bagdasarian – Vice President, Professional Relations
- Erika Dunbar – Director, Marketing
KOL Discussion on Seborrheic Keratosis and Warts
- Adam Friedman, MD, FAAD - is an Associate Professor of Dermatology and serves as Residency Program Director, Director of Translational Research, and Director of the Supportive Oncodermatology Program in the Department of Dermatology at The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences.
- Michael Gold, MD, FAAD - is the founder and medical director of Gold Skin Care Center, Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa, The Laser & Rejuvenation Center, and Tennessee Clinical Research Center in Nashville, TN.
Genetics and Immunology of Alopecia Areata
- Angela M. Christiano, Ph.D., FACMG - is the Richard and Mildred Rhodebeck Professor of Dermatology and Professor of Genetics and Development at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC). She is also the Director of Research in the Department of Dermatology at CUMC.
Immuno-Dermatology Pipeline Review (Former Confluence Team)
- Walter Smith - has over 35 years of experience in leading pharmaceutical research and development. Formerly the Vice President and Global Head of Pfizer Inflammation/Immunology Research Therapeutic Areas, Mr. Smith had portfolio responsibility from discovery through commercialization.
- Joe Monahan, Ph.D. - has over 30 years of biochemical pharmacology and drug discovery experience. Formerly an Executive Director in the Pfizer Inflammation Research Unit, Dr. Monahan directed numerous drug discovery programs into Phase 1 and 2 stages of clinical development, and while at Pfizer he led the global kinase technology platform.
- Jon Jacobsen, Ph.D. - has over 30 years of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery experience. Formerly a senior scientist and Director in the Pfizer Chemistry Department, he has directed chemistry and project teams to provide Phase 1 candidates and has also served on discovery teams for compounds in Phase 1 and 2 stages of development.
- Paul Changelian, Ph.D. - has over 25 years of experience in drug discovery. His work focused on several areas, including renal transplantation, autoimmune disease, mitochondrial metabolism and oncology. He identified the JAK kinases as potential drug targets and during his 18 years at Pfizer, his laboratory was responsible for the preclinical candidate delivery and development of tofacitinib in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, IBD and renal transplant.
About Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc.
Aclaris Therapeutics, Inc. is a dermatologist-led biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing and commercializing innovative and differentiated therapies to address significant unmet needs in medical and aesthetic dermatology. Aclaris is focused on large, underserved market segments with no FDA-approved medications or where treatment gaps exist. Aclaris is based in Malvern, Pennsylvania and more information can be found by visiting the Aclaris website at www.aclaristx.com.
Michael Tung, M.D.