Following recommendation by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) to file masitinib for conditional marketing authorization in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), AB Science is holding an Investor & Analyst conference in New York on June 13, 2016
Paris, France, June 8, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AB Science SA (NYSE Euronext - FR0010557264 - AB), a pharmaceutical company specialized in the research, development and marketing of protein kinase inhibitors (PKIs), will hold an Investor & Analyst conference on masitinib in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) in New York, USA, on June 13, 2016, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm ET.
Investors and analysts wishing to attend can contact Chardan Capital Market at: SPitt@chardancm.com.
The meeting will feature presentations by 4 renowned Key Opinion Leaders in the field of ALS:
- Angela Genge, MD, is the Director of the Clinical Research Unit at the Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal, Canada
- Jeremy Shefner, MD, PhD, is the Kemper and Ethel Marley Professor and Chair of the Department of Neurology, and Senior Vice President of Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona
- Nazem Atassi, MD, is Associate Director of the Neurological Clinical Research Institute (NCRI) at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston, Massachusetts
- Luis Barbeito, PhD, is Executive Director of the Institut Pasteur in Montevideo and Head of the Neurodegeneration Laboratory, Montevideo, Uruguay
Olivier Hermine, MD, PhD, Head of Hematology department at Necker hospital in Paris and President of AB Science scientific committee, will also participate to this event, together with Alain Moussy, CEO and founder of AB Science.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Review of phase 2 and 3 study results from the past 20 years and challenges faced in developing an effective treatment for ALS.
- Mechanism of action of masitinib in ALS, and the implication of the innate immune system cell microglia as a therapeutic target in ALS.
- Design and outcome of the masitinib phase 2/3 study (AB10015) in ALS.
- Criteria for clinical relevance and statistical significance level expected for registration of a new drug in ALS, based on the latest ALS guidance and publications.
- Regulatory pathway with EMA and FDA for masitinib in ALS.
Keay Nakae, Equity Research analyst at Chardan Capital will moderate the discussion.
Masitinib is a new orally administered tyrosine kinase inhibitor that targets mast cells and macrophages, important cells for immunity, through inhibiting a limited number of kinases. Based on its unique mechanism of action, masitinib can be developed in a large number of conditions in oncology, in inflammatory diseases, and in certain diseases of the central nervous system. In oncology due to its immunotherapy effect, masitinib can have an effect on survival, alone or in combination with chemotherapy. Through its activity on mast cells and microglia and consequently the inhibition of the activation of the inflammatory process, masitinib can have an effect on the symptoms associated with some inflammatory and central nervous system diseases and the degeneration of these diseases.
About AB Science
Founded in 2001, AB Science is a pharmaceutical company specializing in the research, development and commercialization of protein kinase inhibitors (PKIs), a class of targeted proteins whose action are key in signaling pathways within cells. Our programs target only diseases with high unmet medical needs, often lethal with short term survival or rare or refractory to previous line of treatment in cancers, inflammatory diseases, and central nervous system diseases, both in humans and animal health.
AB Science has developed a proprietary portfolio of molecules and the Company's lead compound, masitinib, has already been registered for veterinary medicine in Europe and in the USA. The company is currently pursuing twelve phase 3 studies in human medicine in first-line and second-line GIST, metastatic melanoma expressing JM mutation of c-Kit, multiple myeloma, metastatic colorectal cancer, metastatic prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, T-cell lymphoma, severe asthma uncontrolled by oral corticosteroid, Alzheimer's disease, progressive forms of multiple sclerosis, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The company is headquartered in Paris, France, and listed on Euronext Paris (ticker: AB).
Further information is available on AB Science website: http://www.ab-science.com
This document contains prospective information. No guarantee can be given as for the realization of these forecasts, which are subject to those risks described in documents deposited by the Company to the Authority of the financial markets, including trends of the economic conjuncture, the financial markets and the markets on which AB Science is present.
* * *
AB Science - Financial Communication & Media Relations