Westchester, Illinois, May 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) announced the 2018 winners of the MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle, including three integrated delivery systems, two health systems, nine individual hospitals, two critical access hospitals, and six physician practices.
HFMA’s MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle recognizes providers that have excelled in meeting industry standard revenue cycle benchmarks (MAP Keys®), implemented the patient-centered recommendations and best practices embodied in HFMA’s Healthcare Dollars & Sense™ initiatives, and achieved outstanding patient satisfaction. Award recipients are acknowledged as industry leaders and share proven strategies with their colleagues.
“Kudos to our winners for their outstanding revenue cycle performance,” said HFMA President and CEO Joseph J. Fifer, FHFMA, CPA. “These organizations have connected the dots between consumerism and revenue cycle results. That’s a win-win approach for both consumers and providers.”
Upon being notified they had received the award, Presbyterian Health System Vice President of Revenue Cycle Management Brad Cook said, "Applying for the HFMA MAP Award is a significant investment of time but is incredibly rewarding and thought provoking. Our ongoing pursuit of this recognition keeps our team continuously focused on innovation and process improvement and provides an opportunity to celebrate our successes.”
Winners of the 2018 MAP Award for High Performance include the following organizations:
Winning integrated delivery systems:
- Geisinger Health System; Danville, Pa.
- Presbyterian Healthcare Services; Albuquerque, N.M.
- Saint Francis Health System; Tulsa, Okla.
Winning health systems:
- OhioHealth; Columbus, Ohio
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare; Edgewood, Ky.
Winning individual hospitals:
- CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances; Tyler, Texas
- Clifton Springs Hospital and Clinic; Clifton Springs, N.Y.
- Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital; Sacramento, Calif.
- Dignity Health St. Elizabeth’s Community Hospital; Red Bluff, Calif.
- Houston Physicians’ Hospital; Webster, Texas
- Murray-Calloway County Hospital; Murray, Ky.
- Princeton Baptist Medical Center; Birmingham, Ala.
- St. Clair Hospital; Pittsburgh, Pa.
- St. Luke’s Hospital; Chesterfield, Mo.
Winning critical access hospitals:
- Henry County Health Center; Mount Pleasant, Iowa
- Jamestown Regional Medical Center; Jamestown, N.D.
Winning physician practices:
- ENT & Allergy Associates, LLP; Tarrytown, N.Y.
- Privia Medical Group; Arlington, Va.
- St. Clair Medical Services; Pittsburgh, Pa.
- St. Elizabeth Physicians; Crestview Hills, Ky.
- Chesterfield Internal Medicine & Rheumatology, LLC; Chesterfield, Mo.
- Virginia Eye Institute; Richmond, Va.
The award will be formally presented on June 24 at HFMA’s Annual Conference in Las Vegas.
With 38,000 members, the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) is the nation's premier membership organization for healthcare finance leaders. HFMA builds and supports coalitions with other healthcare associations and industry groups to achieve consensus on solutions for the challenges the U.S. healthcare system faces today. Working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders, HFMA identifies gaps throughout the healthcare delivery system and bridges them through the establishment and sharing of knowledge and best practices. We help healthcare stakeholders achieve optimal results by creating and providing education, analysis, and practical tools and solutions. Our mission is to lead the financial management of health care.
CONTACT: Karen Thomas Healthcare Financial Management Association 708-492-3377 email@example.com